Privacy Statement of HintHunt Unlimited Ltd.
We are committed to doing the right thing when it comes to how we collect, use and protect your personal data. That’s why we’ve developed this privacy and cookies policy, which:
- sets out the types of personal data that we collect
- explains how and why we collect and use your personal data
- explains the rights and choices you have when it comes to your personal data
What information we collect about you?
Personal information that we collect from you - this will depend upon the services you are using:
- Name and title
- Home address
- Email address(es) (home, mobile, work - customer dependant)
- Phone number(s) (home, mobile, work - customer dependant)
- Purchase information
- Payment card information
- Details of your interactions with our Customer Contact Centre
When you contact us or we contact you or you take part in promotions, competitions, surveys or reviews about our Services, we may collect:
- Personal data you provide about yourself anytime you contact us about our Services (for example, your name, username and contact details), including by phone, email or post or when you speak with us through social media
- Details of the emails and other digital communications we send to you that you open, including any links in them that you click on
- Your feedback and contributions to customer surveys or reviews
We collect personal information when you:
- Purchase services or buy or redeem vouchers through our website, over the phone, through stores in person
- Subscribe to our newsletters
- Engage with us via social media
- Enter our competitions, prize draws or promotions
- Use our customer services team or contact us for any reason, e.g. queries, complaints, phone, email and postal correspondence
Personal Information of children
HintHunt does not knowingly solicit personal information from children or send them requests for personal information. Although visitors of all ages may navigate through our website, we do not intentionally collect personal information from those under the age of 16. If, following a notification by a parent or guardian, or discovery by other means, a child under 16 has been improperly using our site, we will delete the child's personal information from our records.
Why we use personal data:
- Make our services available to you - This means that processing your personal data allows us to process your orders
- Manage and improve our day-to-day operations - Manage and improve our website
- Contact and interact with you
- Contact you about our services, for example by phone, email or post or by responding to social media posts that you have directed at us.
- We want to serve you better as a customer so we use personal data to provide clarification or assistance in response to your communications
- Manage promotions and competitions you take part in.
- Invite you to take part in and manage customer surveys, reviews and other market research activities.
How we use personal data for marketing
We will send you relevant offers and news about our services in a number of ways including by email, but only if you have previously agreed to receive these marketing communications. When you register with us we will ask if you would like to receive marketing communications, and you can change your marketing choices at anytime online, by clicking the unsubscribe link in the footer of any marketing email, over the phone or in writing.
Cookies are small text files containing a unique identifier, which are stored on your computer or mobile device so that your device can be recognised when you are using a particular website or mobile app. They can be used only for the duration of your visit or they can be used to measure how you interact with services and content over time. Cookies help to provide important features and functionality on our website, and to improve your customer experience.
When you consent to cookies on our services, these may be used to do the following:
- Improve the performance of our website
- Deliver relevant online advertising, including via social media
- Measuring the effectiveness of our marketing communications, including online advertising
Your choices when it comes to cookies
Web browser cookies - You can use your browser settings to accept or reject new Cookies and to delete existing Cookies. You can also set your browser to notify you each time new Cookies are placed on your computer or other device. You can find more detailed information about how you can manage Cookies through your browser’s help function.
If you choose to disable some or all Cookies, you may not be able to make full use of our Websites. For example, you may not be able to add items to your basket, proceed to checkout, or use any of our products and services that require you to sign in.
With whom we are sharing personal details?
HintHunt is not sharing any of your personal information with any third parties, nor publishing any personal data collected at any point online or offline.
How long we use personal data for?
We will not keep your personal data longer than we need to.
For how long we use it, that depends on several factors, including:
- Why we collected it in the first place;
- How old it is;
- Whether there is a legal/regulatory reason for us to keep it;
- Whether we need it to protect you or us.
How can I reach, refresh, correct or delete my personal details?
Should you have any questions in regards of your personal details, please get in touch with us on the following e-mail address: email@example.com
Changes to our privacy statement
This privacy statement was last updated on 24 August 2018.